Since One UI 5.1’s launch, its novelties are started to gain everyone’s praise, and the users are also eagerly waiting for it to reach their devices. However, it is tough to say when and which device will get this update except for a few. For information, a recent report from Canadian Wireless company Fido has revealed the One UI 5.1’s update schedule for February month, in which some premium Galaxy devices are included.
Today, we will only focus on the most recent Galaxy Foldables- Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Z Flip 4 devices. As the devices were launched back in August 2022, with Android 12/12L, they got the Android 13 update already, and the One UI 5.1 will also make its way to these devices, as the testing confirmed. Notably, on February 4th, 2023, the Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Z Fold 4 devices were spotted on a testing server with the One UI 5.1 update.
When will the One UI 5.1 reach Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Z Flip 4?
February 11th: As per the recent software update schedule of Fido, the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 devices will get the One UI 5.1 update on February 22nd, 2023, along with the February SMR update. However, as Fido is a Canadian company, the schedule is for the Canadian market; hence, it is possible that the timing will vary in other markets. For information, on the same day, the Galaxy S22 series will also get the One UI 5.1 update.
What new the One UI 5.1 will bring
Informatively, the One UI 5.1 update has too much to offer its user, in which plenty of new features and modifications are included. The update will bring almost all the One UI 5.1’s novelties. The multitasking-related features of One UI 5.1 will be proven indeed helpful and advantageous in this foldable device (the Galaxy Z Fold 4), as it is compatible with better multitasking.
Additionally, if you are unable of the One UI 5.1’s features, let us inform you that it has new offerings for Camera, Gallery, Sharing, Connectivity, Calling, Multitasking, and more. However, as the One UI 5.1 has a lot of new things, defining all of them in a single article is tough. So we are providing its brief changelog here, and for the features, you can check them out here in our previous article. Instead, you can get all the One UI 5.1-related articles here, in which we have defined each new feature of the One UI 5.1 update in simpler words.
One UI 5.1: Changelog
- Changing the hue for a selfie is now easier with the Effects button.
- With the shared family album, it is easier to share photos, even using face recognition (5 GB of storage space for each member, up to 6 people).
- Ability to save screenshots or screen recordings in a folder of your choice.
- Ability to use 3 Emojis in AR to replace faces.
- Layout and editing improvements in AR doodles.
- New battery widget to check the battery level of devices: smartphones, but also Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Watch, and other supported devices.
- New style for the weather widget.
- Ability to choose different wallpapers on the unlock screen and home screen depending on the current activity (e.g. work or sport).
- Expansion of the scenarios for modalities and routines.
- Simpler invitations for shared albums, notes, and calendars.
- Easier access to the function to set Wi-Fi speakers as media output.
- Improved multitasking in DeX mode.
- Improved search for the Samsung Internet Browser app.
- Faster and easier initial setup of your new smartphone.
In short, the One UI 5.1 update will make your device’s animations smoother, will provide new Widget options, make sharing and connectivity easier, enhance the lock screen customization experience, and add some new features to it.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.