Google has rolled out a new Android 14 QPR2 Beta 2 update for Pixel devices. This is the latest development begun for the next feature-drop software update, the same as was recently dropped with the QPR1 stable update. Now with the Android 14 QPR2 update, the company is planning to bring the next big feature drop update in March.
Android 14 QPR2 Beta 2: What’s new?
The latest Android 14 QPR2 Beta 2 is now available for select Pixel devices, including the Pixel 5a, Pixel 6 and 6 Pro, Pixel 6a, Pixel 7 and 7 Pro, Pixel 7a, Pixel Fold, Pixel Tablet, and Pixel 8 and 8 Pro. The update is coming with the firmware version number AP11.231117.006. It is coming with the December 2023 security patch.
The latest software update for Pixel devices is coming with several new fixes related to device management, such as battery usage, fingerprint icons, biometric prompt crashes, and the Internet Quick Settings tile. Along with this, Google has also shared some known issues that are about to be fixed, such as haptic feedback not working properly, the display not responding properly in the Pixel Fold devices, and At a Glance showing wrong information. For more information, you can check the official changelog below.
Android 14 QPR2 Beta 2 changelog
Top resolved issues
Android 14 QPR2 Beta 2 resolves the top issues that are described in the following list and includes fixes for some issues that are not noted here.
- I fixed an issue where battery usage information that was reported in system settings was sometimes incorrect. (Issue #312121998)
- Fixed an issue where the fingerprint icon on the lock screen would sometimes display before other information had loaded in always-on display mode. (Issue #311265905)
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the biometric prompt to crash, causing it to be dismissed before a user could interact with it.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Internet Quick Settings tile to indicate that there was no Wi-Fi connection, even when the device was connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Top open issues
- See top open issues for the latest list of top open issues that have been reported by developers.
Other known issues
- Based on our testing, you might encounter the following issues when using Android 14 QPR2 Beta 2. These issues are already known, so there’s no need to file additional reports for similar issues.
- Sometimes, when a user unlocks the device using their fingerprint, there is no haptic feedback.
- For Pixel Fold devices, sometimes after a user unlocks the device while it’s folded, the inner display doesn’t turn on after unfolding the device.
- The Assistant The Glance widget sometimes displays weather information for the wrong location.
The latest update is available for those users who have already enrolled their devices in the Android Beta program, but in case you don’t want to do that, you can sideload the software to your device:
- Pixel 8 Pro: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 8: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel Tablet: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel Fold: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 7a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 7 Pro: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 7: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6 Pro: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 5a: Factory Image — OTA
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.
Meet RowKnee Shaw, our tech maestro at Sam Lover! Dive into the intricacies of One UI and ride the wave of Samsung Firmware updates with his expert guidance. From sleek navigation tips to the latest firmware gems, RowKnee Shaw is your go-to for unlocking the full potential of your Samsung device. Stay tuned for a tech journey like no other!