Samsung’s One UI has become one of the most popular Android skins in the world thanks to its clean and user-friendly design. As Android 14 is right around the corner, Samsung has confirmed that it will be launching its latest One UI 6.0 skin, which is based on Android 14.
Google has already launched two Android 14 developer previews for Pixel devices, with the first Android 14 beta 1 being launched recently. Following this, Samsung will also launch the One UI 6.0 beta update for Galaxy devices, but only after the stable version of Android 14 is released by Google.
Android 14’s arrival has made Galaxy users eager to know when and for which devices the future One UI 6 will be launched. Additionally, the desire to know its novelties also took place in users’ thoughts to imagine how incredible a Galaxy device’s future will be. In today’s article, we are providing the answer to these questions, which we prepared by looking at Samsung’s update policy and previous update programs, and rumours.
One UI 6.0 Eligible Galaxy Devices
Samsung has not yet announced the list of devices that will be eligible for the One UI 6.0 beta update. However, it is expected that the latest Samsung Galaxy S and Z series will be among the first to receive the update.
- Galaxy S series- Galaxy S23, S23+, and S23 Ultra, Galaxy S22, S22+, and S22 Ultra, Galaxy S21, S21, and S21 Ultra.
- Galaxy Z series- Upcoming Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Z Flip 5, Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Flip 4, Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3.
- Galaxy A series- Galaxy A54, Galaxy A34 Galaxy A73, Galaxy A72, Galaxy A54 (upcoming), Galaxy A53, Galaxy A52, Galaxy A52s, Galaxy A52 5G, Galaxy A33, Galaxy A23, Galaxy A14, Galaxy A13, Galaxy A04s.
- Galaxy Tab S series- Galaxy Tab S9 (upcoming) and Galaxy Tab S8.
One UI 6.0 Features
As usual, Samsung is expected to bring many new features to its One UI 6.0 skin. However, as of now, it is unclear what new features the company will bring to the table. It is expected that Samsung will redesign the skin to match the latest Android 14 design guidelines, along with new customization options and features.
The upcoming One UI 6 update may offer these below-listed features-
- Improved security and more system-level polish.
- Improved performance and enhanced battery life.
- Ability to uninstall un-needy bloatware apps.
- A native app cloning ability for nearly all applications.
- New colour options for better customization.
- Capability to increase the text size by 200%.
- Seamless optimization for different aspect ratios (for foldable devices).
- Ability to restrict outdated apps from being installed.
- Predictive Back Gesture.
- Satellite Connectivity.
- Passkey support.
- Back arrow for gesture navigation
- Android 14’s consistent and superior sharing nature
- Per-app language preference
- Securer accessibility service
- Ability to choose whether you want to show weather info on the lock screen or not
- Transparent navigation bar for all applications
- A dedicated Nearby Share option
Samsung is also expected to make improvements to the UI design of its stock apps for foldable phones and tablets. These improvements are likely to enhance the overall user experience and take full advantage of the unique capabilities of Samsung’s foldable devices.
Moreover, users can also expect improvements to split-screen multitasking and gestures across the system. Samsung is known for constantly refining its user interface, and these improvements are likely to make multitasking and navigation on their devices even more seamless and intuitive.
The One UI 6.0 update could also add new features to Samsung’s stock apps like Phone, Messages, Calendar, Gallery, My Files, Samsung Internet, Samsung Keyboard, and built-in image and video editors. These additions will likely offer greater functionality and customization options for users while also improving the overall performance and usability of these apps.
Lastly, the One UI 6.0 update could bring improvements to DeX, Samsung’s desktop experience for mobile devices, and the Camera app. These enhancements will further improve the productivity and creativity capabilities of Samsung devices, making them even more versatile and useful for a wide range of users.
One UI 6.0 Release Date
Informatively, Samsung’s One UI 6 will be based on top of Android 14. The search engine giant Google will provide the Android OS for the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) after its final launch, which will happen in August. Afterwards, the South Korean firm will adapt Android 14 to build One UI 6 on top of it, which will take quite a little time. Consequently, we are expecting One UI 6 to come to the market by October 2023. As per Samsung’s previous update programs, One UI 6 me first reach the Galaxy S23 devices.
Most mid-range and entry-level smartphones may receive the One UI 6.0 update from Samsung by the end of 2023. Before the end of Q1 2024, we may anticipate that the One UI 6.0 update deployment will be finished.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.