The One UI 5.1, Samsung’s latest Android 13-based skin, debuted with the Galaxy S23 smartphones series out of the box. The latest version of One UI comes with a number of new features and improvements, including support for Samsung DeX with seamless multitasking on select devices, new camera features, new home widgets, and much more.
Samsung, one of the world’s leading technology giants, has recently launched the One UI 5.1 update for various flagship smartphones worldwide. The update includes a host of new features and improvements to enhance the user experience. While the rollout has already begun in many regions, Samsung users in the United States still eagerly await the OTA update on their carrier-locked and unlocked Galaxy smartphones.
Samsung One UI 5.1 Update In the US
It is important to note that while many Samsung users in the US are still waiting for the One UI 5.1 update, some smartphones have already received it. This includes the unlocked Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, and Galaxy S22 Ultra, as well as the carrier-locked variants of the Galaxy S22 on T-Mobile, MetroPCS, and Verizon networks. Despite this limited rollout, Samsung is working diligently to bring the update to all its US users as soon as possible.
One UI 5.1 New Features
- Easier color tone change for selfies
- Quick access to Expert RAW
- Shared family album
- Enhanced remastering
- Simpler info display
- More powerful search
- Choose where to save screenshots
AR Zone and AR Emojis
- Use 3 emojis in AR Emoji camera
- Layout and edit option improvement in AR Doodles
- New Battery widget
- Intuitive weather widget
Modes and Routines
- Different wallpapers based on your mode
- More conditions and actions for Routines
- Collaboration in Samsung Notes
- Easier invitation to shared apps
- Expanded Multi Control between Galaxy Book and phone
- Wi-Fi speakers on Media output
- Continue browsing on the PC
- Use a mobile hotspot on the PC with a single click
- Easily minimize or switch to full screen
- Easier access to the most used apps in split screen view
- Improved multitasking in DeX
- Settings suggestion
- Improved search
- Detailed weather info at a glance
- Bixby text call
Yes, it’s important to note that the specific features and improvements that will come with One UI 5.1 may vary depending on the model of the Samsung Galaxy smartphone or tablet you own. Some features may be exclusive to flagship devices, while others may be available on older models.
One UI 5.1 for Carrier-Unlokced Galaxy Smartphones in the US
- Galaxy S22 Series – (Unlocked Metro PCS, T-Mobile, US Cellular)
- Galaxy Z Flip 4 – (Unlocked AT&T, Bluegrass Cellular, Cricket, C Spire, Cellular South’s Networks)
- Galaxy Z Fold 4 – (Unlocked AT&T, Bluegrass Cellular, C Spire, US Cellular)
- Galaxy S21 Series (Unlocked – Verizon, T-Mobile, Xfinity Mobiles, Comcast)
- Galaxy S21 FE (Unlocked)
- Galaxy S20 Series (Unlocked)
- Galaxy Note 20 Series (Unlocked)
- Galaxy Z Flip 5G (Unlocked)
- Galaxy S20 FE 5G (Unlocked)
- Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G (Unlocked All carriers)
One UI 5.1 for Carrier-Lokced Galaxy Smartphones in the US
- Galaxy S22 Series (Locked T-Mobile, Verizon, MetroPCS, Comcast, AT&T)
- Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Flip 4 (Verizon, Comcast Xfinity Mobiles, T-Mobile)
- Galaxy S21 Series (Verizon, Xfinity Mobiles, Comcast, T-Mobile)
- Galaxy S21 FE (Verizon, T-Mobile )
- Galaxy Z Fold 3, and Galaxy Z Flip 4 (Verizon,
- Galaxy Note 20 Series (Verizon, Xfinity Mobile, Comcast, Charter, Spectrum Mobile, T-Mobile, Sprint)
- Galaxy A53 5G (Verizon,
- Galaxy Tab S8 Series
- Galaxy S20 Series (US Cellular, Verizon, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Xfinity Mobile,
- Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G (Verizon,
- Galaxy Z Flip LTE & 5G (Unlocked,
- Galaxy Tab S7 Series (Verizon,
- Galaxy Tab S8+ (Verizon,
- Galaxy A51 (Verizon, MetroPCS,
- Galaxy A71 (Verizon, T-Mobile,
- Galaxy S20 FE (Verizon,
- Galaxy A42 (Verizon,
- Galaxy A52 5G (Spectrum Mobile, Xfinity Mobile, Comcast)
How to install the update
One UI 5.1, is now available for all US carrier-locked and unlocked models. Here’s how to install it.
First, make sure your phone is fully charged and connected to Wi-Fi. Then, open Settings and go to Software update. Tap Download and install. Once the update has downloaded, your phone will reboot and install it automatically. After that, you’ll be running One UI 5.1.
One UI 5.1 Update Full Changelog
One UI 5.1 Update
One UI 5.1 takes your phone to the next level with new Gallery features as well as productivity and personalization enhancements.
Camera and Gallery
Quickly change the color tone for selfies
It’s easier to change the color tone of your selfies using the Effects button at the top of the screen.
Discover Expert RAW
Expert RAW lets you take high-quality shots, perfect for those who want to have full control and edit photos later. Expert RAW is now easier to access from the More menu in Camera.
More powerful search
You can now search your Gallery for more than one person or subject at the same time. You can even search for people without tagging their names just by tapping their faces.
Enhanced image remastering
Remastering does more to make your pictures look great by removing shadows and reflections. You can also remaster GIFs for better resolution and clarity. Preview has also been improved to make it easier to compare the original picture with the remaster.
Create a shared family album
It’s easier than ever to share pictures with your family. Gallery will recommend pictures to add to your shared family album by recognizing the faces of your family members. You get 5 GB of storage for each family member (up to 6 people).
Revamped info display
When you swipe up while viewing a picture or video in your Gallery, you can see when and where the picture was taken, which device took the picture, where the picture is stored, and more. Now with a simpler layout.
Easily minimize or switch to full screen
You can now minimize or maximize an app window without going to the options menu. Just drag one of the corners.
Access your most used apps in split screen
When you start a split-screen view, the apps you use most often will be shown below your recently used apps to help you find the apps you need faster.
Improved multitasking in DeX
In split-screen view, you can now drag the divider in the center of the screen to resize both windows. You can also snap a window to one of the corners to make it fill a quarter of the screen.
Modes and Routines
Change wallpapers based on your mode
Set a different wallpaper based on your current activity. Choose one wallpaper for work, one for exercising, and more.
More actions for routines
New actions let you control Quick Share and Touch sensitivity, change your ringtone, and change your font style.
Quick access to useful information
Check severe weather alerts, daily weather summaries, and sunrise/sunset times at the top of the Weather app. The temperature graph now uses colors to show how the temperature changes throughout the day.
Hourly precipitation graph
An hourly graph now shows how much precipitation has fallen at different times of the day.
Summary on Weather widget
A brief summary of the current weather conditions now appears on the weather widget to let you know if it’s sunny, cloudy, raining, or snowing.
Continue browsing on another device
If you’re browsing the web on one Galaxy phone or tablet and later open the Internet app on another Galaxy device signed in to the same Samsung account, a button will appear that lets you open the last webpage you were viewing on the other device.
Your searches now include the names of bookmark folders and tab groups. Improved search logic lets you find what you’re looking for even if something isn’t spelled correctly.
Let Bixby take your calls
Use Bixby text call to answer calls automatically and find out why the person is calling. You’ll see what the caller says in a text chat, and you can tap or type responses that will be read aloud to the caller. Bixby text call is only available in English and Korean.
Check the battery level of your devices
The new Battery widget lets you check the battery level of your devices, right from the Home screen. You can see how much battery is left on your phone, Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Watch, S Pen, and other supported devices.
Use up to 3 emojis in AR Emoji Camera
Take fun pictures and videos with your friends in Mask mode. You can assign a different emoji to each person’s face.
While signed in to your Samsung account, suggestions will appear at the top of the Settings screen to help you share, connect, and enhance your experience across your Galaxy devices.
The Smart suggestions widget now recommends Spotify tracks and playlists based on your current activity. Get the perfect tunes for driving, exercising, and more. To get suggestions, you need to sign in to a Spotify account in the latest version of the Spotify app.
Choose where to save screenshots and screen recordings
You can now change the folder where screenshots and screen recordings are saved.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.